I'm back with a fun DIY post: a braided knit headband. I got inspired by a similar headband from Urban Outfitters and thought I could easily make it myself, so I did! I love how it turned out. I will post my whole outfit with the headband on in a future post.
1. Start by knitting skinny strips. I did 5 stitches, but it all depends on how thick/thin you want your headband to be.
2. Here are the three strips I knitted. Leave one end of the strip extra long, so that you can sew the pieces together.
3. Take the three strips, and secure one end with an elastic to hold them together. Then, simply braid!
4. How your headband should look after braiding it.
5. Lightly pinch the braid to shape it nicely. Then, sew the two ends together, and the headband is complete!
Voila! Simple, right? It's a great accessory for the winter, and would be a cute hand-made gift.
For the moment, I'm so happy I have two weeks off from school! I'm enjoying movies, sleeping in, and looking forward to Christmas with family and friends. I'll have more time to blog, too.
Follow via Bloglovin'